"TO LOOK AS GOOD AS YOU FEEL"
About Our Practice and Services
We offer a wide array and variety of aesthetic enhancement procedures that help maintain the appearance of youth and vitality, while increasing self-confidence in the way you look.
A mirror image of your youth.
We specialize in the most up to date surgical and non- surgical techniques including skin resurfacing and rejuvenation. These techniques ensure safe and successful results that help boost self- confidence and self- esteem. One-on-one consultations are complimentary and offer professional options and privacy in a relaxing and tasteful atmosphere. Our goal is to provide the client with a desirable aesthetic enhancement procedure with excellent outcome and a personal touch.
Education and Board Certification
- Doctor of Medicine - University of Kansas School of Medicine, 1986
- Masters Degree - Cambridge University, Cambridge England, 1982
- Bachelors Degree - Georgetown University, Washington DC, 1981
- Plastic Surgery Resident - University of Missouri-Kansas City, 1991-1993
- General Surgery/Trauma Resident - Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, 1986-1988 and 1989-1991
- Craniofacial/Pediatric Plastic Surgery Fellow-International Craniofacial Institute, Dallas 1993-1994
- Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery. Recertified 2007.
- Licensed in Kansas and Missouri
- Certifications-smartlipo, threadlift, ultrapulse and erbium lasers, ultrasonic liposuction
- Plastic / Craniofacial Surgeon, Plastic Surgical Arts P.A. , Overland Park, KS and Kansas City, MO 1994-date.
- Craniofacial Surgeon, Mid-America Cleft and Craniofacial Team
- White House Fellow, Executive Office of the President and Agency for International Development.
- Physician and Consultant, International Medical Corps, US government, and international organizations in multiple countries.
- Lecturer, Several universities and organizations in US and several countries.
- Defense Analyst, International Institute for Strategic Studies, London, England 1982-88.
- Senator, Kansas State Senate
- Representative, Kansas House of Representatives
- Associate Professor Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery, University of Kansas.
- Assistant Research Professor of Surgery, Uniformed Services University for the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD.
- Plastic Surgery Instructor, Smartlipo Center of Excellence
- Plastic Surgery Instructor, Threadlift Center of Excellence
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Association
- American Medical Association
- Kansas Medical Society
- Kansas Clinical Resource Network for Terrorism and Disasters
- Johnson County/Metropolitan Medical Society
- Councilor, Atlantic Council of the United States and NATO
- International Relations Council
- World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, Disaster Advisory Group
- Kansas City Plastic Surgery Society
- Board of Advisors International Programs, University of Kansas
- National Fellow, The Explorers Club, New York.
Honors and Volunteer
- Named to several Top Plastic Surgeon lists.
- White House Fellow-second Kansan and first plastic surgeon ever selected.
- Featured on 60 Minutes, Scars of War.
- Several publications, grand rounds, speaking engagements and media appearances including Nightline, CNN, VOA, NBC, CBS, ABC, BBC, 60 Minutes, Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, People, Gannett, Etc.
- Volunteer Plastic Surgeon for Johnson-Wyandotte County Free Clinic System
- Volunteer Physician in several warzones and disasters including:
- Indonesia Tsunami
- Armenian earthquake
- Sierra Leone
- Terrorist attack--US embassy
- USSR/East Europe
- Medical Director/Surgeon, Rwanda, helped set up first US sponsored hospital in war zones. Dr. Colyer was the only surgeon in southern Rwanda during the genocide.
- Volunteer Physician providing free plastic surgery to US soldiers wounded in Iraq-IraqStar Foundation
- AMA/Burroughs Wellcome Award-AMA's highest award for resident community service.
- Chief Administrative Plastic Surgery Resident, UMKC.
- Olympic Torch Runner, Atlanta Summer Olympics 1996.
- Craniofacial Surgery Visitor, Dr. Daniel Marchac, Paris, France, 1994.
- AMA/Glaxo Award-first recipient of AMA's highest award for resident leadership.
- Assisted Dr. Paul Tessier, founder of craniofacial surgery, Childrens' Mercy Hospital.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology-St. Thomas' Hospital: London, England.
- Team Plastic Surgeon for Kansas City Brigade Arena Football cheerleaders/team.
- International Service Award, International Relations Council, Kansas City, 1999.
- Elected Kansas State Senate 2008 with 64% of of vote in three-way race. Received the second highest vote total for a competitive Senate race in Kansas history
- Elected Kansas House of Representatitves 2006 with 64% in three way race
- Chairman, House Republican Health Reform Task Force 2007 and House Health Reform Subcommittee. First freshman to serve as chairman in a generation.
- Principal author, Foundations of Health Reform Act 2007 and Health Reform Act 2008
- Member, Electoral College of the United States 2008
- Part of team that wrote several editions of The Military Balance, IISS, London.
- Member, NATO/Atlantic Council Policy Review Committee on Hungary.
- Senate Member, Tax Committee, Joint Health Policy Oversight Committee, Financial Institutions Committee, and Public Health Committee
- Member, Kansas Governor's Task Force on Childhood Hunger, 1996.
- Atlantic Council International Young Leaders Conferences-Washington/Berlin
- Sun Newspapers 40 Under 40 to Watch
- Commendation Resolution from Mayor Emmanuel Cleaver and Kansas City Council for work in Rwanda.
- Editorial Commendation, Kansas City Star, for work in Rwanda.
- Recipient Paul Harris Fellowship, Rotary International.
- Certificate of Appreciation for services in the Armenian Earthquake-Agency for International Development.
- Fifth generation Kansan who grew up in Hays, Kansas married to Ruth with three lovely daughters
About Our Staff
Our staff is well trained and knowledgeable in the field of cosmetic plastic, reconstruction surgery and medical skin care. They are highly motivated, out going, friendly and honest in dealing with patients. Their professionalism can be seen in the team efforts made to help individuals achieve their desired outcome. We believe patient education and communication are key elements in achieving the patient's goals.
- Plastic Surgery Nurse Specialist
- Anesthetic Skin Care Consultant